baylen and brylen have started football, and they have practice 3 nights a week and games on saturdays. they are in boy heaven and so is my husband... heath is coaching and is pretending he can suit up with the boys and be back in the lights of our high school stadium listening to the crowd chant his name...remember, i said pretending... and as happy as i am for all three of the boys to have this time, i worry about pacen... the doctor said he would allow pacen to play contact sports at our descretion. he said that it was very evident the first few times we met with him how we felt about our son having a quality life and in no way did we feel like he needed to live in a bubble to protect his leg. if that be the case, we were ready to accept the outcome and amputate right then and there. but we also knew that as the boys got older, things like this would come up and we would have to deal with them the best we know. so we told pacen if he wanted to play, the doctor said he could, and thank you Jesus!! pacen decided on his own not to play. i am blessed to have a son that is aware of the danger that could come and is still fearful enough to decide not to do what his brothers are doing. however, this leaves him feeling disconnected from the rest of the boys in our family. so, what is a mother to do??? i want all of my children to feel like they fit in and are a part of the family dynamic and discussions. all pacen has EVER talked about was horses! he wants to grow up to be a vet, his love for animals is crazy big! he is not scared of them and has been able to walk up and touch some of the most non-approachable animals, it is the craziest thing i have ever seen! so when he heard this horse was for sale, he looked at me with these sweet eyes...
and how could i resist! besides, as a child i always wanted a horse and an easy bake oven, and my parents never let me have either, and being that i am still a little bitter, now is my chance, so we went down to look at the horse and ended up bringing him home! and tomorrow, i will go get my easy bake oven!!!
and now pacen is in heaven too! he rode all day sunday, and there is nothing that he talks about but this horse! he and heath just talk and talk about the horse and what kind of tack we need to get and where they are going to ride and they just left the house, just the two of them, to go to the land to figure out where they think we should build our barn, now they have something to "talk boy" about and bond through...
i have never seen him so happy and that makes my heart smile so so big!!


15 comments:
Sweet boys!!! Sounds like you solved your problem for sure.
Girl, just let me know what colors you are interested in. I am spending the afternoon and evening beading so if you need something whipped up let me know and for sure you need to check out my finished products!
You have done more for your boy with that single purchase than you can ever, EVER imagine!! YAY for Pacen!
OH! That is the sweetest thing ever!! What's your addie? I WILL send you an easy bake!! I remember that feeling! I wanted a horse soo bad when I was younger (& a Baby Alive!) I finally got a horse when I was in 7th grade, and a new brother...Not the same! The horse was the best! I rode everyday for hours!! The time I spent with that horse was priceless! I am so happy you got a horse for that boy! I will have to think on something special to send that "new" Cowboy! (I can if I want to He is my "self" adopted nephew!)
Hey there,
I am friends with Carrie and want to invite you to check my page and join the challenge. would love to have a group in the blogging world to discuss. Hope to see you there.
Oh Spanki, I had a feeling! I am so excited for you and Pacen and the rest of the family! This is a huge step but you can know that this is something special Pacen will have of his own. His love of animals and this horse will lead him down a path on an incredible journey. I just bet he will be a vet one day!
Now, you have to update us with more info. on this horse. What is it's (he/she) story? It's name? Where are you keeping it? It's just beautiful!
P.S. I never had an easy bake oven, either! :(
I just found your blog. Enjoyed the story of the new pony. That is the sweetest pony and quite a looker! Your son looks like he is in heaven with that horse. Please tell us more. I'll be back.
I had an Easy Bake Oven and a Baby Alive, but I always wanted a monkey and a horse. I never got either of those..... :-( I just couldn't understand why my mother wouldn't let me have a monkey. I wanted to put diapers and overalls on it. It would've been cute. LOL
RetroHousewife
Congrats to Pacen on the horse! My sister had an Easy Bake Oven, but I would have much rather had a horse! I hope he is able to develop his love of horses and become a vet someday. That is a wonderful goal!
Happy Tuesday!
There is a challenge and a giveaway over at my blog today. You might want to visit...
That is awesome. He looks so happy with that beautiful horse. You know what comes now though don't you. YOu need all the tack and a trailer and soon he will be a rodeoing fool. I am so excited for you guys.
Jen
ps the easy bake oven was not as great as it looked on tv.
Thisis so exciting!! Congrats on the new 4-legged member of your family. Everyone looks so happy :)
I never got the pony, but I did get the easybake. It didn't live up to my expectations, though. The pony would have been worlds better!
~Lisa
oh Spanki! that is so wonderful, and the timing is perfect! I'm so happy for you guys! Have you ridden yet?
THE best gift ever!!! - hands down - you won't regret it! That horse will teach him more than any other friend he will ever have. What an awesome mom...
tissues please! *sniff*sniff*
Can I come over and bake cakes in your easy bake oven with you?
Oh boy...rabbits, chickens and horses???? 4H, church, football???? You are going to be one busy lady!!! No time for an easy bake oven!
Post a Comment