Monday, September 8, 2008

calling a truce...

i have spent the entire day playing with CS3, as though i had an entire day to do that!! boy will i pay for this tomorrow!!! but... the good news, me and CS3 are starting to become friends!! i had a long talk with it and i apologized for all the unnecessary name calling i did yesterday, and we are working on having a better relationship! i know to all you pro's out there, this will look a little sad still, but to me it is a huge start...

you remember the picture of my oldest, he thinks this will be his first CD cover!!!


this is a friends little girl, and she is just beautiful, the picture was great...by accident, but i sharpened it and made the color stand out a little better...


this is my niece, my poor kids are so sick of me taking their pics, i used them for "fresh bait" and i know it is over exposed, but i like it like that!


look at my header, and you can see the difference! this picture was so special to me, one of the first with all four of my kids in it, but it needed a little help. i like this!

now, i ask your opinions, if i did something you like let me know, and if there is something you would change, please, please tell me...my feelings won't get hurt... i like constructive criticism...when i ask for it!!!

15 comments:

Sara Boulter said...

Loving that first one.

Dreams of a Country Girl said...

great job...if i would just learn how to use elements i would be happy

Train Wreck said...

Don't listen to her! She is a softee! Plus if you hurt her feelings I will have to... do someting!
I love your boys "Album cover" that is still one of my favorites! No matter what!
Look at you go! See if we were neighbors we could figure these programs out together! while we eat,...healty food of course!!

Anonymous said...

say good bye to life as you knew it...your husband is going to be jealous, I'll just tell ya that! It is addicting and asks for nothing less than every one of your waking hours! You'll be talking to CS3 in your dreams tonight!
Have fun! Oh, and the pictures look great!!

Pony Girl said...

WOW, I am jealous! By the way, what kind of camera do you use??

I really like your boy's album cover, too! And the edit on the banner, it has a more vintage quality (but I liked the original, too!)

How is the new horsey!??

Marchelle said...

candidreflections said it best: your hubby will grow to hate CS3! have you downloaded PW's free actions? try TRA's free samples too!

forgive me if you already know this, but the main thing to grasp with photoshop is LAYERS. once you get your brain around that, the rest just falls in to place...eventually. i'm still learning it myself!

email me if you ever have any questions - i'd be glad to help you out if i can!

oh, and ALL those shots look great!! i like the overexposed one too - very bright and fresh - it looks good on a young face like that!

JMHickerson said...

NICE job! The photos looks great. I love the 1st and last one. I think they really look good :)

Anonymous said...

girl, those look so good. if anybody can figure it out, you can! keep up the good work.

Adventure girl said...

The first one is my FAV!
I can't wait till I get to learnin' these things:)

Lacie said...

I love them all... you are getting it girl... all that time and effort is paying off! Now start booking sessions!
Oh, can I bring my pictures to you for editing? LOL

Heidi said...

I love cowboys so the first one is my choice... but, but I love the one you had too!!!

5 Chicks and a Farmer said...

Hey girl!

I know what you mean about PS. It can be a bit overwhelming at times. Since you have CS3, you might want to check out totally rad actions (Google it). They have some killer actions and do all of the thinking for you.

I love what you've done with the photos though!

Also, I got your comment about our meats.....yippy! Thanks for your interest. We actually have another lady in your area interested in our products. If we get a few more families, we might be able to deliver it to you.

Let me know!

Anonymous said...

I really like your banner photo; i think it has great composition to it. I agree that the photo of your oldest will make a great cd cover. CS3? Hang in there...sorry, that's all i've got...

Heidi said...

Way to go, Spanki! I know how you feel about Photoshop. It can be so overwhelming, particularly when you have other things around the house that need to be done. :) I keep telling myself that the time investment has to pay off at some point, LOL. I love the way you changed the header photo. Definitely richer looking. Great grain.

Us said...

I love them all! You do great work!