Sunday, September 21, 2008

first indoor wedding...


well, i just did my first indoor wedding! now, i was free... i could not handle the pressure if i had to guarantee pictures that turned out... and my only competition was the wind up disposable camera , so what did she have to loose? but still i was sweating it! the pressure... now i am in the process of editing, how are you supposed to know what to do? what will they like, what style... bright and crisp, old and vintage??? will you help me? i have started a new blog, so i can let people see their pictures, if you have the time go to the side bar and click on thousand words and leave a comment on what you think! thanks, i look so forward to getting your advice!!

7 comments:

Lacie said...

GREAT JOB SPANKI!

Train Wreck said...

Friend We are too much alike!! I too have started taking wedding, graduation, engagement, whatever...well mostly whatever people want.I have a hard time knowing what they would like. I found you just need to give them a basic price first. A package. Then as add ons show them a few examples of what you have that is personaly altered. Just think if we were neighbors we could be a team!! We will unite!!LOL!! I am so going right now to your new page! Oh I just had 5 families ask me to take there photo for christmas cards!! Try it! It should be fun!! OH When we finally are neighbors WE can take each others PICTURES!!! woot woot!!

OneCowgirl said...

Great Job Spanki! Crop the floursent lights out of the above photo...I also like to put together books for people...I do them thru my mac account but there are plenty of places you can do the "photo" books. I;ve got a friend in Michigan shooting weddings...he charges $2000. give the clients a book with his edits and then hands over the DVD with all the photos -

Dana and Daisy said...

Hi Spanki. I think your first two proofs look great! I know you have really good taste and will edit them in an irresistible way! The great thing about digital editing is they can always be changed again.

I think you are very brave to try wedding photography. I could not stand the pressure either.

My camera might be on the blink and I might be buying a new one. Do you have any suggestions?

Love, Dana

spanki said...

dana~ i have a canon 20D, it is the older model to the more recent 40D. i love my camera however, my girlfriend has a canon rebel, and i am very impressed with it. it was less expensive than the 20D, but seems to do about as much as my "level" can take me. all the same lenses and flashes fit it too. so it depends on what you are looking for, but had i to do again, i'd think about the rebel, for the money. now as far as a small, in your pocket camera, i'd go with a canon elf. i have had 4 of these and love them! they fit in your pocket and the quality is amazing!!! let me know what you decide, and if i can be more help, let me know!!!

Dana and Daisy said...

Hi Spanki.
I just got off the phone with the Canon Tech support. They offered me a pretty good deal on a rebel trade in, but I think I am going to go out and look at a similar priced Nikon. I like what Id call a medium sized digi camera, not a pocket variety but don't really want to go to the SLR price point.

My camera that just flipped out on me was a canon Power shot s2-is which is now a s5-is, But they didn't offer me a trade in on that one. If they had, I'd just gone with it cause I like my camera!

BUt if I don't find a nikon I like, then i will go with the rebel. The price they offered me is about 150 off retail for trading in my old one.

All this is at a bad time cause I have a 50th anniversary this weekend and an upcoming vaca trip too. :-( But thanks so much for your recommendation on the rebel. That helps!

Erica said...

Those look great!