Monday, August 25, 2008

one more "first days" of school, gone...

last night i took a vote for our "last meal" of summer... chicken tacos aka chicken weenie tacos. paysli was helping me cook and asked me where the chicken's hiney was, i had a hard time figuring out what to tell a two yr old, so to avoid the whole dead chicken talk, i just simply said these are just the wings, she looked at me with a big 'ol smile and yelled out "weenie??, chicken weenie tacos"!!

then we all made chocolate covered strawberries and loved it...

i called my aunt B for her monkey bread recipe, ran to the store to get what i needed, and got that ready for breakfast...

packed 4 (paysli couldn't be left out) lunches, made sure i had enough dr pepper to hold me over through the day and went to bed...

i woke to this... my bread was ready to be put in the oven...

it actually turned out! wow, thanks aunt B!!!

we all sat down to a family breakfast... notice the paper plates, no dishes for this tired mama!

dropping each one of the boys off in their class rooms was difficult to swallow for paysli, by the time we got to the last one, pacen, she was walking with her little hand on his back down the hall, we got to his class room and then she jumped into his chair, wishing she could stay with her brothers...

it was too much to handle, she had a BREAK DOWN!!!

and one more year of "first days" over, gone, in the past, never to be re-lived again, okay, now i am having my break down!!!

11 comments:

Scrappy Girl said...

We started school today too. Boo Hoo! I am just not ready this year...I want them back.

Carrie said...

Wow! I'm impressed! I haven't had monkey bread in ages! May have to have that this week! I'm tired after reading your post!

Anonymous said...

Your monkey bread looks different than mine. I use canned biscuits cut into fourths and it doesn't have to sit overnight. Will you post your recipe?
RetroHousewife

Anonymous said...

Oh, I forgot to tell you that I am also from a tiny town in Texas. My husband is a football coach here. We are near San Angelo.
RetroHousewife

Jen said...

Looks like you had a good last night of the summer. It is hard on the little ones when everyone else goes to school. The monkey bread looks awesome.

Anonymous said...

oh, that looks like a yummy breakfast... you HAVE to post that monkey bread recipe!

Dreams of a Country Girl said...

honey -- dry those eyes...drink a dr p and get a pedi...your life is etting easier...and we need recipesss sista...hello

Jana Corley said...

Hi Spanki! I just dropped by your blog to see how life is treating you, and I see it is well! Your monkey bread looks delicious!

Train Wreck said...

Oh poor Spanki and little sister! It will be ok, I promise! What is Monkey bread? Looks really good! Yes, you better post the recipe before you have a riot on your hands!! Post it like PW step by step pictures and instructions! What? I am trying to help you fill in part of your day! Take your mind off things! LOL!!

Pony Girl said...

I loved all the lunchboxes loaded and lined up in the fridge! You are one organized lady! ;)

Dana and Daisy said...

I just have to giggle about your chicken weenie story! Just last night Steve and I sat down to a bucket of KFC, I know, still burping it this morning, ANyway, we were giggling about the parts of chicken they gave us. Seems they were out of breasts so they substituted legs. Excuse me, one leg does not make up for a breast KFC! So we joked how about a chicken neck, or a back, that seems like a fair trade, NOT. How about a claw or a beak or even a finger? But I had not thought of asking for a chicken hiney or a chicken weenie! ha ha!