Tuesday, August 26, 2008

monkey bread...


(i sorta over cooked mine, give me a little slack, it was the first morning of school and i had to wake up so early and shower, and wake kids up, and fix hair, and find shoes, and get the camera, and... you get it)

okay, here you go... i thought i was the only person in the world that didn't know this recipe, sorry...i'd have posted this the first go round had i known!!!
and NO trainwreck, i will not do this like PW! i can not do anything like that wonder woman, so i won't even try! it would make me go into depression and need therapy...

step 1. go to the grocery store and purchase... oh, just the recipe, not the step by step? i get it! focus...

1.spray a bunt pan with PAM*... look, i even put that little thingy, your welcome PAM*

2.place 18-24 frozen dough rolls in the bottom of the pan, my aunt told me specifically 18-24 rolls, she did the whole package and had rolls on the counter and on the floor the next morning! i did 24 b/c that is how many came in the package i bought, and you can tell i still had a few too many!

3.mix: 1 stick melted butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon
optional: butter scotch pudding... i did not have this, so i didn't pay attention to how much she said to add! sorry! i did mine w/o and it was fine! but i added some pecans to make up for the missing ingredient.

4.drizzel over rolls, cover with wax paper and let sit over night.

5.bake at 350 for 30 min. let cool and tump over! ...why is it saying that tump is not a word?? to tip or dump is to tump...right??

that is my aunt's version, now you let me know which recipe you have! or any other recipe for that matter, i really need recipes!! my family begs of you...please!

10 comments:

JMHickerson said...

Looks yummy. Thanks for sharing the recipe, can't wait to try it out :)

Marchelle said...

um, i have no recipe but i'll take yours!! that looks yummy and SO easy!!

Funky Junk Designs said...

Yumm.........that sounds great! The lunch at the church was super the other day too, thanks so much to you and all of your church for doing that for us. It is always so much fun.

I would love for you to check out my stuff. I need to get busy and make some more too. If you have any special request with colors or sizes let me know and I will work on that too. Anytime your neck feels the need for something new, email me at school and I can drop some by for you to see or you can stop by here. I think we only live around the corner from each other! Ok, that did make me sound like a stalker, but I recognized the house in your blog. I have always loved that house, it has so much charm. We live in Eastridge, know where that is?

Funky Junk Designs said...

Oh good, I would hate for you to think I was crazy!! I have not gotten into the scrap book thing yet but am always impressed with people who do. I would love to set some jewels out for you guys to check out, just let me know. How is school going for the boys. Ok, now how old is your little girl? I was thinking she and Cole where pretty close in age but I couldn't remember.

Funky Junk Designs said...

Cole turned 3 in July so they are pretty close! Oh jeezz poor kid. I hope the year will go smooth for them, it is fun to see the boys back. Have fun planning! I love planning stuff like that so let me know if I can help out. Oh and I will get some new jewels made.

Pony Girl said...

Never heard of it....but it looks VERY good and sounds easy enough, I don't cook but I like to think I can bake....I would definitely want to try the butterscotch pudding though...mmmmm-mmmm!
Hope the first day of school went well!

Lacie said...

ok, I am about to post the award... happy now!
lol

Anonymous said...

Okay, I have made monkey bread before and it is so good. I have also made gorilla bread, sounds crazy, huh! You basically make it the same way, but you put biscuits instead of frozen rolls and you put cream cheese and sugar and brown sugar inside the biscuits and pinch them back together and they are so, so, so, so, so, good!! I'll have to find my recipe and give it to you. Did I mention they are so good?!

Lacie said...

Ok...I did it... no more ugly comments..!

Train Wreck said...

But I want step by step pictures!! LOL! Yum I will have to try it, it looks really good!! I made fudge the other day and took step by step pics! Too bad it didn't turn out!!
Hey if we were neighbors could take pictures and sample the goodies while you cooked and cleaned up the kitchen!! he!he!
just joshin with you!!