Monday, June 30, 2008

our mini vacation...

our little get away was so unplanned and last minute, but we ended up having such a great time. it amazes me at what little it takes to make my family happy! (pretty pathetic, really). so our days started off every morning the same, we'd get a bag full of bread and peanuts and head our to the capital lawn and see how many squirrels we could torment!

after a few days of doing this, we started to notice how fast our squirrel food was going, then... i noticed paysli and it was clear...

so after our feeding excursion, we'd go to the condo pool.

and swim until all hours of the night!

one of the days we were there, we drove a short drive to lake LBJ and went fishing...

and swimming in the colorado river!

this is what a "typical family vacation looks like for us! heath can't leave work at home! (it doesn't look like we left much at home)

when we got back, we all had an ice cream taste testing....

take a bite, rate it, and pass it to your left...8 times!! this was not my favorite...can you tell???

one night we went to a restraunt that had a band called the "egg men", they sang all beatles songs, i had no idea i knew so many of their songs!!

so we had some wine...

enjoyed a little beer...

and did a lot of dancing!!!

and came home to this every evening! we really had a great time... thanks mom and dad, great memories were made!!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! That ice cream looks good, how fun! I never thought to have a Icecream tasting!! What a great mom your are!! As far as riding? Bring those boys on over!! We have six horses, plenty for all! You can ride too! I would love you to come decorate my house! We live in a log home. My husband wants the "Ponderosa!" I don't mind a little West but I LOVE Pottery Barn style too? I'm not sure what style that is?? We(He mostly) have been so focused on getting the outside, and arena done, my poor house is needing some love!! So pack your bags (again) and bring the whole family!!

Sheree said...

Where are you? Are you back...Your kids are soooo beautiful!

Jen said...

Hey, Glad you had a safe trip. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. We soooo need a vacation even a little one.

Lacie said...

Hey girlie.... what a fun trip. Aren't you glad you got rid of "too short". I don't think all of your stuff would of fit! LOL

Heidi said...

THAT sounds like a blast! Thank you so much for coming over to my blog for a visit! I promise that in the near future I will be writing much more frequently - right now I am in nesting/incubation mode. :) Baby here in the next 26 days!! or before -YIKES!!! I have you in my favorites now, so I will be back for a visit also!

Heidi said...

Looks like a perfect vacation to me! (Oh, and my hubby never leaves work at home either. :)) I'm going to have to try the ice cream tasting party. What fun!

Pony Girl said...

What a fun trip! You look tan and cute and smiley! ;)
I would have loved to see the Beatles cover band. I dig the Beatles! Can't Buy Me Love is one of my favorite songs (great movie, too!)
Which ice cream won the taste-off?

CindyDianne said...

Oh my! Chubby Hubby is my personal fav!

Looks like you had a blast.

Marchelle said...

what a fun time!! that view of the capital is GORGEOUS!