Friday, July 11, 2008

pet store, now open....


as if the new addition(s) to our family weren't enough, i got out of the shower yesterday to find this little critter staring at me! what the heck is this thing? isn't it a gecko lizard? don't you have to buy these little guys from a pet store? i have never been into reptiles, so i know absolutely nothing about them, but i know he is not the normal lizard we see around here! so... we captured him, and the kids think they have another new pet! but then... i read on the internet that these fellas eat crickets, and you have to remove the back "jumping" legs before you feed it to them. umm, not gonna happen by this momma! i am already up to my ears in disinfectant and flea shampoo and 3 am potty breaks and there is no way on this green earth that i will take the time to not only catch crickets, but remove the legs for one more mouth to be fed in this house!! i have to stop the madness sometime and this is where i stand firm and put my foot down! i think we should name him geico and he will sleep cozy in a shoe box....

7 comments:

Dreams of a Country Girl said...

i would put him on craigslist for 20 bucks.

Funky Junk Designs said...

Oh I am so glad to know we are not the only ones. We live in Eastridge and I find those yucky things everywhere. I can wash dishes and look up out the window and there they are, I have seen one on my bedroom wall and for sure in the garage. I don't know how to get rid of them, they are so strange-and I guess the stuff the bug man sprays doesn't get them!

Anonymous said...

ahhh cute...but I agree - definitely put your foot down, I mean, how much can one girl handle? Crickets are one thing, but to be so picky as to require the back legs picked off... I don't even cater to my own kids that way! I'll make 'em potatoes, but they are NOT going to tell me how to serve em up!!!
Have a great day! Ü

Lacie said...

Hello....hello...is anyone there? Who is this...What have you done with my friend Spanki????
Just kidding! But for real....if you keep that thing, you have officially lost it!

Funky Junk Designs said...

Maybe we could sell them, no kidding I bet I come across 2 or 3 a day. When we moved in and saw the first one we were kind a like oh cute, but seriously now it is just nasty!

Thanks, we love big bows!

CreativeMish said...

it looks like a little salamander, I used to catch them as a kid!

Pony Girl said...

You stepped out of the shower? So he was like, in the house?? In your bathroom? On your bathmat? Eeeks!
He is actually pretty spiffy looking. Give the kiddos the old "nature is his real home" spiel. Have a special goodbye ceremony and turn him loose. He can find his own legless crickets.