i took my oldest son out to take pictures, he is the only one who will let me practice on him! i just recently took another photography class and wanted to see if i knew how to apply everything i learned! however, i am just not satisfied! i still do not get the end products that i want! i can not get the focus where i want it! i go to another class about photoshop this evening, the funny thing is i don't even own photoshop! i just thought i'd go to the class and see how complicated it is to know wether or not i will end up buying it! most all of you out there take the most perfectly beautiful pictures, if you don't mind, share with me how you have learned and if you use photoshop on your images. i really need to know if this is something i will ever "get" or just to hang it up now! i am in NO way trying to go pro with this... i just want great pictures of my children for my scrapbooks. so please share with me... unless you are just naturally talented at it, and in that case, keep to yourself, i can not handle feeling like i am the only one out there that can not grasp this!!
Thursday, July 17, 2008
camera for sale???
(NEXT POST IS CONTEST GIVEAWAY) stay tuned....

i took my oldest son out to take pictures, he is the only one who will let me practice on him! i just recently took another photography class and wanted to see if i knew how to apply everything i learned! however, i am just not satisfied! i still do not get the end products that i want! i can not get the focus where i want it! i go to another class about photoshop this evening, the funny thing is i don't even own photoshop! i just thought i'd go to the class and see how complicated it is to know wether or not i will end up buying it! most all of you out there take the most perfectly beautiful pictures, if you don't mind, share with me how you have learned and if you use photoshop on your images. i really need to know if this is something i will ever "get" or just to hang it up now! i am in NO way trying to go pro with this... i just want great pictures of my children for my scrapbooks. so please share with me... unless you are just naturally talented at it, and in that case, keep to yourself, i can not handle feeling like i am the only one out there that can not grasp this!!
i took my oldest son out to take pictures, he is the only one who will let me practice on him! i just recently took another photography class and wanted to see if i knew how to apply everything i learned! however, i am just not satisfied! i still do not get the end products that i want! i can not get the focus where i want it! i go to another class about photoshop this evening, the funny thing is i don't even own photoshop! i just thought i'd go to the class and see how complicated it is to know wether or not i will end up buying it! most all of you out there take the most perfectly beautiful pictures, if you don't mind, share with me how you have learned and if you use photoshop on your images. i really need to know if this is something i will ever "get" or just to hang it up now! i am in NO way trying to go pro with this... i just want great pictures of my children for my scrapbooks. so please share with me... unless you are just naturally talented at it, and in that case, keep to yourself, i can not handle feeling like i am the only one out there that can not grasp this!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


17 comments:
What are you talking about...I LOVE that first picture! Sure it could be a little sharper, but the light you found is super dreamy, and your composition is hot! What camera/lens were you using - that can make a huge difference with sharpness, the more prime the lens - the sharper the picture. Don't you love Photoshop? When you shoot raw, there are a few ways to get your picture sharper in Photoshop.
It takes LOTS of trial and error, just keep it up and eventually you'll start to feel more confident with technique.
Don't give up yet. Not that I can tell you any trick because I too am still learning. But I have learned as far as photoshop goes there is Scott Kelby who is an author buy one of his books about photoshop he is awesome. I am learning a lot from his book. Are you taking photo classes on line or somewhere local? I would love to be able to do that. Keep up the good work.
Did you have a drink before you wrote this post?!?!? hhhmmmm?!?! LOL that first pictures is a KEEPER!! I love that it is a bit muted and not completly sharp as a knife, it leaves mystery and wonder in the photo without being blury!! I LOVED IT!!!
As we all know I dont have a digital camera yet - I know - I was going to get one yetserday but I could not find one that I liked.... its the hormones really it is... LOL But keep working on it, sooner or later you will get the hang of it. Milk Man takes pictures off and on with a really nice, film of course, cannon and he looked at this pic. His statment was - your never completly satisfied with a photo, but trying to get things better is what makes you have a better eye... this from a man that had crap on his boots, standing in my dinging room!! LOL
Like I said, I think that first photo is GREAT!!
I ment dineing room not dinging room - that could be construed as dirty.. LOL
those are great!!! i love them! it looks to me like you are doing a great job.
Spank, that is great your son is so willing to let you practice....and look at what a handsome lil cowboy he is! I love the old hat and the shirt and the torn blue jeans....they really add a roughness and a touch of imperfect to the photos.
I have seen a lot of your pictures throughout your site, all the way back to the beginning, and I've always been impressed. You have a good eye. I am still learning so I am not one to give advice, and I just use a point and shoot,for goodness sake!
I do think Photoshop would help you layer and play with those elements or whatever, which can totally change the look of a picture. It'll be interesting to hear what you think after tonight's class.
By the way, what kind of camera do you use?
Can't wait for contest, I've been checkin' daily, girl!
O.K. Bring your camera and take some of Little Man on our mini vacation. I love the first picture. I went to buy Little Man some ripped jeans at Abercrombie and they were $69! I still haven't told my man what we paid for our jeans so... I just couldn't justify paying that for a 9 yr old, until now... Wanna come shopping again!
Ok...The first photo is great! I can totally see that in a frame! The second is also great!! I take alot of photos! ALLOOT! My camera will hold nearly 2000! I know, thats alot!
I use Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo XI 2.
I had no idea there were more "photo shops?"(Adobe
Corel is not too expensive. I really don't know what the difference is? I love it! One of the things is you can turn your photos to B&W Sepia, age them crop them sharpen,soften so many possibilities!! I just started to play around with it? If you go to http://thepioneerwoman.com/photography/ She has Photo shop and will give you tips on how to use it. Her photos are awesome! She is one of the reasons I started to blog! I know she is "Our leader!!" ANyway you can email me anytime I will help you out with what I know? That way I won't have a "NOVEL" on you comment page! Sorry! I just LOVE to take Pic's and photochop them up!!
Heidi... seriously is that all you think about??? Stay out of the "Dinging Room" for petes sake! Are you going for your own discovery channel program?? Your kids are adorable but...If you keep playin in the "Dinging Room" When are we going to Cabo with Meg and the girls!!! And have Spanki take our pics!!?
I think you are talented...I love all of your pic's. They are GREAT! You can paint/design and take pictures perfectly! You are sooooo crazy..you got it down just fine! Having beautiful children is a major plus as well...if you need more kids to practice on, my daughter loves to have her picture taken! She ham's it up!
keep that camera, girl! your pics that i saw the other night are AMAZING! i want to photograph your whole family sooooo bad. we may have to meet up sometime!! love the blog...i'm reading the entire thing. -sarah
Spanki~ You have an incredible eye for photography. I think it is pretty easy to get the technical side down when you're ready, but not so easy to get the eye for composition. (Of course, what do I know, LOL!) Both of those pictures are wonderful.
I just started using photoshop actions. They are a perfect first step. You download the actions and then have one button to press. Voila! Cool pictures. :) If I think they are easy, then they are easy!!
I hire a professional photographer to follow me around and document for my blog!
NO, Just kidding! Mine are not that good anyway. BUT, YOURS! OMG! I love that pic of your son looking down at the grass with his hat and boots on. You will treasure it forever.
You mustn't be so hard on yourself! YOu are doing a great job!
Hey girl! It was great to meet you at Shauna's! I love your photos. Beautiful. Your kids are so lucky to have a mommy that can take good photos of them. They will appreciate that so much one day.
Keep in touch!
Lyns
Oh, and I love Adobe Lightroom for its simplicity.
It is extremely easy to use and learn. It has all you need to kick up your photos and keep them organized. However, Photoshop has way more options and flexibility. If you bought the pair (both photoshop and Lightroom) through adobe.com, I believe you save $125 or something crazy. I just updated to Elements 6.0 and it is great!
See ya!
i think the pics are great!!! And what a cute little cowboy he is!
I do not have a good camera and i just point and shoot. But after seeing all the bloggers with their fantastic photos, it makes me want a great camera.. but of course, then the picture taker would have to get lessons. LOL
I found your blog on Country Living's blog and I thought I'd drop by and say Hi. I really like your header and the first photo in this post....Both are great but I really really like that first one.
Post a Comment