Monday, October 20, 2008

all things new and old...

i know that getting a new camera is so exciting, but this time for me was so stressful! i really love my camera, but it started messing up. i am sure it needs a little work done not to mention a good cleaning. but from what i have heard, to send them off takes 6-8 weeks or better. and who can go that long without a camera??? and the holidays are coming and i have two birthdays coming, what was i to do??? so i got a new one...

i thought long and hard about what camera to get, me personally, i do not feel like i am ready for a 5D, and i know my husbands wallet is not ready for a 5D, but after i researched this camera, i was very pleased to hear how well this camera performs. someone actually compared it very strongly to the new mark II !! now that's a camera!!! and like i said, i was not ready to part with my 20D, so i really hope i made the right decision, you can be the judge with my future post and the pics i get from "ole new!! now, on another semi-sad note, my beautiful tulips that i got from my friends kim and meg for my birthday are on their way out, but before it was too late, i snapped a few pics of them so i can remember them and their beauty forever....


oh- the camera came in a "kit", does any one know what kind of lens this is?? it is a 28-135mm canon... i looked it up, and it retails for around $450. should i sell it on e-bay or is it one i should keep in my bag??? what are your thoughts???

10 comments:

5 Chicks and a Farmer said...

Hey girl! Congrats. I'm so jealous. I still have my good ole 20Ds. The good thing is you can get your other one fixed and use as a back-up at weddings and other photo shoots. I never shoot without a back-up. So, you made a really good investment.

About the lens, I'm not too familiar with that one. It would depend on if it had a good aperture whether or not I'd keep it. I never use a lens without a good aperture on it (f 2.8 or less).

But, it seems like it has a really versatile range on it, so it might be great at your kiddos games and events like that. So, you might ought to hang on to it.

You could read reviews on the lens if you really wanted to get into all of the knitty gritty.

I hope this helps. I'm loving the new camera! The tulip shot is gorgeous. Did you take it with that lens? If you did, I'd say keep the lens.

Lyns

Katie Ryan said...

I need a new camera, too. Now I know who to go to with my camera questions!

Train Wreck said...

Congrats!! You need to go to {i} Post, she can tell you, her page is awesome! She knows all about that photo lens and more! I am thinking of taking her online course, you should to! Hurry she is only taking 10. She will help you with what you need! Love the flowers! They look familiar somehow...

Marchelle said...

what an awesome photo!!! great job!! they look so good on the black background!

when i have an equipment question, i always go to www.kenrockwell.com

hope that helps!

Us said...

What a beautiful picture! I love tulips!

Congrats on the new camera!!! Can't wait to see more pictures!

Pony Girl said...

Congrats! I'm jealous! I want a new camera so bad. I've picked one out, but something always comes up. Vet bills, time to buy hay.....a cute sweater, LOL. I am hoping by the first of the year, I can have enough saved for what I want.

Anonymous said...

Wow. The photo of the tulips - what a stunning shot. The colors and the definition. Great camera. Lucky!

Anonymous said...

Love your tulips shot! I am happy for you getting an new camera! It is always exciting. I have the 5D and it is a lot of camera...took me a while to get used to it. I upgraded from a Rebel...so it was a huge difference.

The lens is a decent zoom and very versatile.You didn't mention the aperture, so i am not sure if has a decent one...2.8 and below. It should. Canon usually gives you a decent lens in the kit.

Train Wreck sent me over, and I am glad I stopped in!

Funky Junk Designs said...

Hey Spanki! I always plan and stopping and chatting with you at bible study and then I get home and realized we didn't get too!! Ahhh..............

Anyway, I posted some pics on my new blog so you will have to check them out. I may need your photography mind to help me figure out the best way to photograph and show off my jewelry. I haven't found just the right thing to get a good picture.

So that was my rambling but what I really wanted to say was you let me know when you want to do the party, I can be ready when you are!!! Plus, I am ALWAYS up for a girly party night!

See you soon........hopefully!

Train Wreck said...

Ah I see you have met Tracy! You should really go to her page! She has some really great pictures! I hope to take a class from her! Wanna e pool! LOL!